Thursday 27 August 2009

Straight From The Soul


Jesse Boykins III you probably haven’t heard of him, neither had I till my good friend (evaeve3 aka young spice) enlightened me of this young man’s talent. Just to bring you up to speed he is a soul artist who currently resides in Brooklyn but was born in Chicago, then moved Jamaica as child and returned back to Miami several years later.

He is currently signed to an independent label called Nomadic Music, with whom he released a 15 track LP called the "The Beauty Created".

Ladies, Gentleman, Nu World When i first heard the live percussion, I thought i was going to be listening to Dwele, Raheem Devaughn or Musiq Soulchild lace a soulful beat as they do with such skill effortlesly. I then was greeted with voice, a tone and a sound i had not heard before which persuaded me not to hear but to listen. After the first verse he had me won me over, his sound is timeless at 24 years of age i feel he's far from being branded a rough diamond and not to far from being the finshed article, check his track I’ve posted and let me know what you think. The track is called “Amorous” and it’s off “The Beauty Created” if you love soul I’m sure you’ll love him.


For more of his material visit the myspace:
Jesse Boykins' III Myspace

6 comments:

  1. I'm proud .

    Amorous is my favorite track off ' The Beauty Created '

    Nice : Said , Done .

    i ♥ Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a serious song from a good up and coming artist. Good looking out Danté!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty At Its Best......Surely Great

    ReplyDelete
  4. i downloaded the album i love 'come to my room'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denté... my ears are going up the wall....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like..got anymore 4 me
    Ms Onion x

    ReplyDelete