Thursday 25 November 2010

Thursday Thoughts - Dr Who Capes and 'Chinchilla Fur' Coats




Chinchillas. Not this kind but more like.....
These. Not one of Fif's finest moments.

Almost all high street stores are now selling faux fur jackets, in the store I work in, they also sell these 'fur jackets'. Because of this I have seen how people can try on the ghastly things, and start swanning around or strutting their stuff as if they are modelling the Emperor's New Clothes. In reality, they are just wearing German Shepherd but seem to think they are decked in the finest of Chinchillas.

Now I am not a member of PETA, nor am I an animal lover, my typical West-African diet does not allow me to be one, its a Thursday so I am just sharing my thoughts. Wearing a faux fur coat is cool, but a one that drapes to floor like the one that got Frank Lucas (American Gangster) in trouble or one with bristling with whiskers is a no-no.

Capes

These I am actually cool with, I can respect a woman in a nice cape. Its just that I am concerned to as how far can the Dr Who obsession go? I have even seen tweed blazers coming into play a lot more recently, and even riding boots (No Yeo Valley). I am just saying lets not overdo it ladies, and in this increasingly unisex world we live in, we now have men's jeggings, and open-toed sandals, mandals. I just don't want to see no men or women head to toe in the Good Doctor's gear, hanging around telephone boxes and trying to communicate with Daleks.

Note to manufacturers, not everyone should try their hand at certain clothes, if you pop into ASDA for grapes and walk out with a fur coat, that is not correct.

Shouts to Beezy on this one. What do you think, have any thoughts on capes or 'faux fur'?

No comments:

Post a Comment