Thursday 13 January 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Concerts & Shows

This week my good friend @AbzPapes and I were one of the few lucky people who did not end up spending my Monday evening watching EastEnders or Crawley vs Derby.

J Cole

As we managed to get a pair of Drake tickets before they sold out. Upon arriving at Hammersmith I saw a long queue of fans eagerly waiting for the doors to open, some with posters others singing his songs. The show was intense and full of good vibes. It kicked of by J. Cole taking to stage and warming up the crowd with tracks of "Friday Night Lights". Before his set ended and left fans with mainstream single "Who Dat". At this point fans where more than ready to see the man they had lining up for in the cold (some longer than others).

The lights dimmed, voices rose and Drake took to the stage like a man with a point to prove. Commanding the stage and performing songs from "Thank Me Later" as well as hook's and verses he featured on for other artist's such as Rick Ross' "Aston Martin Music" and Timbalands' "Say Something". Come to think of it, he performed a catalogue of music, and had me singing along for quite a long time.

Drake










As I reflected on the show and other artists that I had seen prior to this I thought to myself I thoroughly enjoy their shows and genuinely have a very good time. Also, that seeing an artist live allows people to see them in a different light when compared to seeing them in music video's or documentaries. Some might say they have the chance to actually connect with the artist.


That being said I have promised myself to get to more shows and concerts if I like the artist. Looking at this year's calender I will be going to see Wiz Khalifa in May, and I might just find myself at  one of Ne-Yo's tour dates which will feature Trey Songz and Chipmunk next month.

What do you prefer seeing the artist live, or catching everything on YouTube a few days hours later?

No comments:

Post a Comment