Wednesday 30 March 2011

An Evening With The Black Stars

Yesterday, the whole HNW team, (there's just two of us by the way) rolled to Wembley to see England take on Ghana. I have never witnessed such an atmosphere in my life, really happy I witnessed this game up close. It could have been oh so different, as Dante had me standing near a hot dog stand, waiting for him to provide with my ticket. To top it off, I was wearing my prized pair of kicks, so I was looking out in fear random drops of ketchup and trying to spot a dimpled stocky individual at the same time.

Despite some instances over-excited folk standing up when Ghana had the ball on the halfway line (in footy, this usually only happens when a team looks like they might score).  Best match I have been to, and one of the funniest nights of my life. On the train, on the walkway to the Stadium, queuing up for £8 cheeseburgers, (not me, way too cheap for that) I heard some wild score predictions and I saw many friends, family members and old school/college people.

When Baby Jet netted that last minute equaliser, I think the noise we made could have been heard in Kumasi Market, the real one.




Shouts to Haw, Abz and Marc and everyone else I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment