Thursday 10 February 2011

Thursday Thoughts- Feb 14th, Just Another Day

Saint Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching, and whilst many couples will snuggle up over the weekend in cinemas and various Travelodge's up and down the country, it will be a regular 24 hours for me. That will be if you don't know, going on the Sky Sports webiste and Nah Right, keeping it locked to Sky Sports News the whole day, (even with the transfer window now closed) and work, if I am in that day.

Come Monday, I won't be surprised to see many people on Facebook dedicating their status or making angry posts about how much they hate the day, when most of them would be making some soppy, moist ode to their lover if they had one. Myself, I will keep it 100, and do what I always do, look and laugh at the same people over-exposing their lives and post nothing about my own. Some people on Facebook need to re-locate to Twitter and stop broadcasting their life to 800 friends, 782 of them are the people they  DON'T speak to on a regular basis. You can embarass yourself a lot less when you have a limit of 140 characters.

Clinton Cards and Love Hearts must make 42% of their annual revenue in February times.

Funnily enough during my younger years, I seemed to think every boy hated Valentines and every girl ranked it as the second most important day of their lives just ahead of getting married or seeing David Beckham/B2K in the flesh. Nowadays, a lot of girls actually do not rate the day, seeing it as a waste of time, and something with little meaning, I don't know whether that is to do with the sudden of influx of trill bitches we have but a few ladies have changed to their tune about February 14th.

I can't recall ever celebrating a Valentine's day, and on Monday the only thing I will make love to is that Kendrick Lamar's Overly Dedicated mixtape. Some stuff on there, like this is actually unreal.

Whatever you get or don't get on Valentine's day, it could be worse.

Something like this.

1 comment:

  1. Valentine's who? Couldn't care less about the day. I 100% agree, it's just another day. And if you're in a REAL relationship you can show affection and appreciation any other day of the year.

    ReplyDelete