Thursday 3 February 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Life Is A Roller Coaster

This week I've had many thoughts more time negative than positive, but through the course of this post I aim to give you an insight to the latest roller coaster I've been riding without being too emo or boring you.

This last fortnight it seems dark clouds have been following me "Shit is to too crazy,/I had bad luck like I went and fucked the voodoo lady" (Styles P).
To begin with I seen my everything (Mum) collapse in front of me, it was most probably the most scariest thing I've witnessed in my life. I  had thought I was parting ways with my first love, the only woman I've genuinely whole-heartedly cared for, thank God she woke up. This was the beginning of events or as I call it the big dip of a roller coaster "Life is a roller coaster, just got to ride it" (Ronan Keating). 

As the week progressed I thought maybe it would pick up but I was met with yet another dive on this wild trip. My cousins (well my boys, but they are more or less family) were in a serious car crash, like the ones you see on TV but never consider to be real. The car flipped 8 times, once again a glimmer of lady luck shined, and nobody died but the injuries were intense and recovery has been slow but its looking like they're all on the mend. For a moment I thought I had lost them too, it seems all too much all too soon right?  Surely things can only get better right? Wrong, true to the saying "bad things happen in three's", the last straw has been taken, prior to the first to events my cousin was on trial, for ages I waited in hope that he would be found "not guilty" but on this constantly descending roller coaster there could only be one result "guilty" so now my my I've lost a sibling to the system for a minimum of 19 years.  

Although everything seems negative whilst alone with my thoughts I've come to the conclusion I need to appreciate the more simpler things in life, because tomorrow is not promised, and I believe the most important things in life are priceless. I believe that for the people you love you shouldn't wait for their absence to show appreciation for their presence. So to all those in my life this is my PSA to you, thank you for your contribution it doesn't go unnoticed. To the friendships that died or faded, "My success to you even if you wish me the opposite" (Nas).
   
I write this not seeking sympathy, or attention only to share my thoughts.

1 comment: