Thursday 24 February 2011

Thursday Thoughts- Nando's First Date Or Too Bait?

Being African and despite my slender frame, it should be no surprise that I am a chicken lover. A fanatical one, mother tells me, more like she abuses me when she thinks my portions or pickings, are a tad on the generous side. Now let me say this, before I get some e-mails from their legal team, well it doesn't even matter. But amongst us 'urban folk', whenever there is a celebratory dinner or just a place to go to rather than your Auntie's yard, Nando's is usually at the top of the list. Which got me to thinking, why? Is it because they do chicken well and that is something us 'urban folk' can't resist? Or is it because we have been conditioned on it, and its safe option, most of my friends have eaten there before, my family years back fell in love with the place, cos it was one of the only places where you could get hot/spicy food and chicken, outside of your house, relatives house and in a public/everyday setting- a restaurant.



Me, personally I think Nando's is cool, but would prefer to go somewhere else a Wagamama's or something along those lines, #justsaying.

The question I am posing, if you had got on with a guy/girl over BB/Twitter/FB or -shock horror- a good ol' fashioned phone call, and the location of the first date was being sorted, would the suggestion of Nando's let you down in terms of predictability or would be you licking your lips? Also secretly hoping that your date would pay for the whole order, there are some guys like this for real. 

And if any of you kids are hooking up at Nando's, bon appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment