Wednesday 2 September 2009

Welcome To The Glee Club


A Glee Club is a choir that usually consisted of men with mixed voices, in the singing of short songs, in quartets or trios.

The first one was founded in London, 1787. Glee Club members can be considered nerds, usually of a very high intellect and for their dress sense formal, even at young ages.

Well for me, the Glee Club or at least dressing like a member is smart fashion with a casual laid-back twist, think a fly Carlton Banks - I have to salute the fitted RL polos.
Smart fashion is in right now, bowties making a comeback from nowhere after the 'trendy folk' abandoned them in the 70's.


Chinos are a bit baggy, but you should catch my drift.

Boat Shoes. Arguably the most popular trend in mens footwear over the summer, I have a pair myself. I believe you can't wear trainers everywhere and they can help smarten up a outfit.

Chinos. Sometimes called slacks and usually associated with husbands, chinos are being adopted by the younger generation in their droves. Like denim, they can go with a lot of things like polos, shirts, even plain white tees. Yes, Footlocker Ones. You can break them off nicely with all white plimsoles or Vans.



Oversized Glasses. I see a lot of people are rocking the oversized 'neeky' or 'nerd' glasses, some even going as far to poke out the lenses. Think about the American TV sitcom stereotype of your average nerd, big glasses, braces (clothing and dental) bow ties and chinos.

I know the Glee Club in reality is a choir or a group, but for me its a mindset, a look and a style.

Any thoughts on smart fashion in menswear?

3 comments:

  1. I've had this page up all night; trying to think of a witty comment to write but it hasn't worked....but I'm liking the post though, can't wait to see you back in Uni looking like the black Chuck Bass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best believe I had to google that name lol. Black Chuck Bass allow me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you didnt know who Chuck Bass was...very dissapointed, i thought your sister would have schooled you on that

    ReplyDelete